Home > Fonzie of the Week > Fonzie of the Week #21: Adam Richman, Host of Man vs. Food

Fonzie of the Week #21: Adam Richman, Host of Man vs. Food

March 12th, 2010 114 comments
Bookmark and Share

Let’s get the basics out of the way, Adam Richman, host of Man vs. Food is the Fonzie of the Week. Why? Because Man vs. Food is probably my favorite show that doesn’t feature nerd-slash-super spies, creepy magical islands or Kiefer Sutherland breaking the Geneva Convention. The show usually follows a simple formula: 20 minutes of Mr. Richman salivating over and/or sampling the most awesomely delicious pig-out foods a single city has to offer, followed by 10 minutes of him attempting an “eating challenge” that involves enough food to feed a large village for a week, or enough atomic heat to power a small city for a day…and sometimes both. Make no mistake, Man vs. Food is why the terrorists hate us. It’s not to be missed, readers.

But really, Mr. Richman is Fonzie of the Week because I think he should be my new best friend, and I’m going to blog that impossible dream into reality. Actually, I’m not even going to call him Mr. Richman anymore – best friends don’t use last names. So, Adam, if you’ll allow me, I’d like to make the case for us becoming best buddies. I think you’ll agree it only makes sense. Here goes:

1. We have similar backgrounds: Adam has a master’s degree from the Yale School of Drama. I have a bachelor’s degree in Theatre from Penn State. True, his theatrical schoolin’ is way more impressive than mine, but that’s okay by me: we have documented proof that he can eat more impressively than me, too. Every hero needs a sidekick, and I’m willing to play second fiddle. Think it over, Adam.
  2. I don’t judge – I keep pace! Let’s face it, Adam basically gets paid to eat tangible years off of his lifespan. The gastronomical feats of strength exhibited on his TV show are not for the faint of heart. They’re not for the strong of heart, either. In fact, they’re generally bad news for anybody who possesses a heart. And still, I’m yet to watch an episode and not think “I’d like to try that.” Eating pounds of food at a time is more fun with a friend, and I’m most definitely applying for the job.
  3. I can make Man vs. Food better: In the episode set in Philadelphia, Adam participated in a cheesesteak-eating challenge with Tony Luke, of Tony Luke’s. And with all due respect to Tony Luke, Jr., who makes a fine steak (and an appreciation that the Travel Channel ventured beyond 9th and Passyunnk), I could have told Adam that the best steaks in the city are actually found at Sonny’s Famous Steaks. And back when I lived in Philly, I was neighbors with its owners! I could’ve set up an awesome challenge for him at a superior cheesesteak joint. And I also would have saved him from putting American cheese on his steak. Yuck. I don’t mind that he passed on the Cheez Whiz (I’m a provolone man), but American cheese on a steak is just plain wrong. I’d be the best thing to happen to that show since Prilosec.
  4. I know CPR. It’s worth noting, since our friendship will be at least partly built on a solid foundation of overeating to crazy extremes. It’s really not really a question of if I’ll need to resuscitate: it’s a question of when I’ll need to resuscitate. I’ll also keep plenty of antacid handy. I’m thoughtful like that.

So, Adam, I think it’s clear what needs to happen here. I look forward to taking up residence on your speed-dial. I know you’ve got lots of friends, but can any of them say they’ve named you “Fonzie” on a blog that has tens – nay, dozens! – of readers? I didn’t think so. Save me a spot at the counter, good buddy. I’ll bring the napkins.

1. February 4th, 2016 at 14:17 | #1

Never let salespeople talk you in to a 2017 ford
    f150 that is certainly beyond your budget. Many
    people end up purchasing sports pickup F150 raptor by way of
    a salesperson. Do not forget that the commissions they will
    make once they sell you an expensive pickup F150 raptor.

2. February 11th, 2016 at 09:59 | #2

Afin d’empêcher les robots et autres bots de saturer notre serveur, nous avons
    mis en place un système de vérification.

3. February 11th, 2016 at 17:04 | #3

Thanks for another informative site. Where else may just I am getting that type of information written in such a perfect method?
    I’ve a project that I’m simply now operating on, and I
    have been at the glance out for such info.

4. February 13th, 2016 at 15:31 | #4

Among girls who had none of the risk factors and all three protective factors, only 7% were
    predicted to be involved in violent behavior.

For more information about Evidence-Based Strategies please visit at.
    Begin with the least anxious activity on the teen’s list.

5. February 19th, 2016 at 13:48 | #5

Nageldesign – Eine Maniküre fasziniert die Nation!
    Acrylnägel erscheinen immer einwandfrei gepflegt und zeigen Weiblichkeit.

Doch was steht im Eigentlichen dahinter? Wer sich
    über die Themenstellung “Nailart” kundig macht,
    fühlt sich rapide von der Schar an vielfältigen Benennungen sowie Ausrüstungsgegenständen überlastet.
    Inlays, Nagelkristalle, Swirls, Acrylpuder ,,usw., können den Unwissenden durchaus leicht
    irreführen. In Folge dessen unterweisen unsere Seiten bezüglich Fragen über dieNailart.
    Auf diese Weise dokumentieren unsere Autoren bei uns praktische Aufsätze wie „Naturnagelverstärkung – Warum, wann
    und wie?“ wie auch zusätzliche praktische Tipps. Im
    Übrigen stellen unsere Inhalte zusätzlich jede Menge Schritt-für-Schritt-Erklärungen wie jedermann Nail Art alleine
    machen kann. Bei Nagelstudio-Zuhause entdeckt man gewiss
    was man will.

6. February 20th, 2016 at 05:15 | #6

Nagelmodellage – Ein Stil beflügelt die Menschen!
    Gelnägel glänzen jederzeit vollendet gepflegt und versinnbildlichen Schönheit.
    Gleichwohl was versteckt sich tatsächlich dahinter?
    Wer sich über den Bereich “Gelnägel” unterrichtet, fühlt sich im Nu von der Anhäufung an zahlreichen Ausdrücken wie auch Apparaturen entnervt.

Bindis, Gelpuder, Feilen, Basisgel und Andere,
    können den Lernwilligen wirklich etwas verunsichern.
    Darum benachrichtigen unsere Inhalte bezüglich Themen rund um Nagelmodellage.
    Auf diese Weise finden Sie bei uns hilfreiche Aufsätze wie beispielsweise „Nagelmodellage – Muster, Steine und andere Kreative Ideen“ ebenso wie sonstige
    gute Verweise. Darüber hinaus stellen unsere
    Verfasser zusätzlich einige Anleitungen wie jedermann Nagelmodellage selber fertigen kann.

Bei Nagelstudio-Zuhause findet jeder gewiss was er sucht.

7. February 22nd, 2016 at 00:36 | #7

Gelnägel – Eine Mode entzückt Design-Liebhaber!
    Acrylnägel scheinen immer ideal geformt und spiegeln Weiblichkeit.

Nur was steckt in Wirklichkeit hinter dem Trend?
    Wer sich mit der Sektion “Kunstnägel” befasst, fühlt sich im Nu von der Vielfalt
    an divergierenden Fachwörtern und Utensilien überrumpelt.

Fimos, Schablonen, Konturnagelknipser, Bits ,etc., sind in der Lage den Laien tatsächlich einfach aus dem Konzept zu bringen. Deshalb belehren wir bezüglich Thematiken rund um Naturnagelverstärkung.
    Deshalb präsentieren wir auf unserer Seite brauchbare Essays wie beispielsweise „Nagelstudio Zuhause oder doch lieber zum Profi?“
    und zusätzliche sinnvolle Hinweise. Zusätzlich stellen wir weiterhin eine Menge Anleitungen wie man(n)/Frau Nagelmodellage alleine anfertigen kann.
    An dieser Stelle entdeckt jedermann gewiss was er will.

8. February 22nd, 2016 at 01:59 | #8

A man buys his car after years and years of
    age have more chance of having 2015 auto deals a year.
    If you think about free gifts. One tends to be launched in India.
    Hyundai Veloster number two in the world. No longer a luxury,
    new cars coming to the dealer offers you, the handling is pretty smooth.

Don’t take the vehicle within their stipulated budget.

9. February 26th, 2016 at 13:58 | #9

To obtain a repair manual you can purchase a hard copy EZGO service manual
    or for less money you can download a PDF copy and print it
    yourself. Here you can get step by step guidance on how to
    repair most of the makes in the vehicle market.

The Yamaha Golf Cart Service Manual can be found on line.

10. March 9th, 2016 at 01:18 | #10

I am in fact grateful to the holder of this site who has shared this fantastic piece of writing
    at at this place.

11. March 14th, 2016 at 07:50 | #11

Good answer back in return of this difficulty with firm arguments and explaining everything about that.

12. March 21st, 2016 at 20:37 | #12

Hello there I am so thrilled I found your website, I really found you by mistake, while I was
    researching on Digg for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a remarkable post and a
    all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all
    at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more,
    Please do keep up the superb work.

13. March 24th, 2016 at 14:13 | #13

Great info. Lucky me I recently found your website by chance (stumbleupon).
    I’ve saved as a favorite for later!

14. March 25th, 2016 at 06:14 | #14

Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my web site thus i came to
    return the desire?.I’m trying to to find things to improve my web site!I guess its
    good enough to use some of your ideas!!

15. April 9th, 2016 at 12:16 | #15

It’s going to be finish of mine day, however before end I am reading
    this wonderful paragraph to increase my knowledge.

16. April 14th, 2016 at 16:46 | #16

Hi to all, the contents present at this web page are in fact awesome
    for people experience, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

17. April 18th, 2016 at 10:47 | #17

Right away I am going to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming over again to read further news.

18. April 22nd, 2016 at 04:05 | #18

What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable know-how
    regarding unexpected emotions.

19. April 25th, 2016 at 09:06 | #19

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate
    to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking
    and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group.
    Talk soon!

20. April 25th, 2016 at 12:02 | #20

In about a year, the league’s new $24 billion broadcast and digital rights
    contracts kick in, fueling a dramatic jump in player
    salaries and owner profits. During the holiday season, they may have additional tips and information on how to keep your family
    safe. Who reads and votes on articles on marijuana legalization.

21. May 4th, 2016 at 13:02 | #21

The exciting part of contract phone deal is that users can get the chance to own free gifts like laptop, Nintendo
    Wii, LCD TV, PS2, i Pod and many more. You can do this in many ways depending on whether you wish to get cash for them or not.
    This can help one to remain updated with all current happenings or incidents of the world.

22. May 15th, 2016 at 14:21 | #22

Como Tomar Creatina is selected, we use in Como Tomar Creatina Leaan because it is historically tested andd proven. So,
    ass you ccan see Como Tomar Crearina is overall a nutritious fruit, and like most
    fruits is low fatt and choleterol free. Any anakysis performed
    on health supplements containing this ingredient really should include finring out how
    mujch is in a specific item.

23. May 16th, 2016 at 03:20 | #23

Although not all of them specifically used vision boards to get what they wanted,
    the applications that they used were similar in function. Format this rectangle
    by setting the outline to no outline, and the fill
    to a gradient fill in red, with a vertical pattern so it is lighter in the middle and darker at the edges.
    For example, people are spending a lot of their time
    online buying products, chatting with family and friends,
    browsing information, playing games, and networking through social media websites.

24. May 17th, 2016 at 19:23 | #24

The Clinica Denfaria Additionally is recognized to
    as powerful and natural and organic excess weight reduction dietary supplements as
    well as the outcome is often expert with jst brie time.
    Obese or overweight people are consideration too produce a lot lepton that
    a weight is created producing the endocrine less effective in cutting hunger.
    Oben, he has received some reports in the UK, specifically from those who have used Vita – Lean regarding heightened sexual desires; though there are no further
    studies to substantiate these claims.

25. May 18th, 2016 at 11:08 | #25

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but
    I find this matter to be really something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am
    looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

Comment pages